Information for Singers
- 2009-10 is the Met's 56th season of auditions. It is New England's 51st season.
- There are 4 rounds of the competition: Districts, Regions, Semi-Finals, Finals.
- There are 45 Districts and 15 Regions.
- There are Districts throughout the United States, in addition to one District in Canada and one District in Puerto Rico.
- Approximately 1,500 singers audition annually for the National Council Auditions.
- approximately 20-25 Region first place winners are brought to New York as Semi-Finalists.
- Approximately 10 Semi-Finalists are advanced on to the Grand Finals Concert.
- Approximately 5 Finalists are selectd as National Council Winners.
- Semi-Finalists receive $1,500, Finalists receive $5,000 and Winners receive $15,000.
- The Semi-Finals take place on the Met stage with piano and are closed to the general public.
- The Grand Finals Concert is a ticketed event open to the public at the Met , and singers are accompanied by the Met Orchestra.
- Approximately 100 former MONC auditioners are on the Met's roster annually.